How To Withdraw A Signature From Chesa Boudin’s Recall Campaigns
The only way for a signature to be removed is for the original signer to write either a letter or email to the San Francisco Department of Elections.
If sending an email, address the email to SFVote@sfgov.org. If mailing a letter, address the recipient as City Hall, Room 48 San Francisco, CA 94102.
- The email/letter should include…
- The subject line “Withdraw Signature”
- Your name
- Your residential address,
- The name of the specific recall petition to remove your signature from (San Franciscans for Public Safety, in this case)
- Your handwritten signature (if sending email, include this as an image)
- These requests must be emailed or received before the petition filing deadline. The San Franciscans for Public Safety recall petition has its deadline on October 25, 2021.
Subject: Withdraw Signature
To the San Francisco Department of Elections,
I, [YOUR NAME HERE], would like to withdraw my signature from the recall petition for San Francisco District Attorney Chesa Boudin named “San Franciscans for Public Safety.”
My registered residential address on my voter record is [ YOUR ADDRESS HERE ]. Please let me know when my signature is confirmed to have been removed.
[ IMAGE OF YOUR HANDWRITTEN SIGNATURE ]
Thank you so much.